The Redcatch Quarter
Acquired by Melburg in April 2021, the 220,000 sq ft Freehold shopping centre sits within a site area of 5.15 acres. Constructed in the 1970’s the centre is located approximately one mile from Bristol City centre’s Temple Mead train station. Multi-let on flexible lease terms the shopping centre was not fit for purpose, providing poorly configured decaying accommodation.
Identifying the need for a sustainable future for Knowle, The Redcatch Development Partnership was formed to listen to the local communities needs and deliver a new vision for the area. We undertook a public consultation on the proposals over a period of nearly six months, ending in July 2022 and have subsequently submitted an outline planning proposal for Knowle’s greener future which, if consented, would provide c. 30 newly built retail and commercial units, c. 800 sustainable homes, 1,280 cycle spaces and £157.5m social and local economic value over construction and ten years of occupation. The £200m+ investment into the Town Centre would also generate;
- £6.8m of resident local spending per year to support our local retail and commercial offer
- 75% reduction in energy use compared to the average new home
- Over 2,000 weeks of training opportunities per year for local residents once open
- 580 on site jobs to be supported in operational employment
- 500 weeks of training opportunities during construction, including apprenticeships and work placements
- Over 1,300% Biodiversity Net Gain for habitats
For further information please follow the website link below.
Location • Bristol, BS4
Type • Mixed Use Development
Size • 220,000 sq ft